March Pop-Up Newsletter I have always loved March. The autumnal weather changes with clear light, warm days and cooler nights. The leaves are just starting to brown and many are already fluttering past my office window. It’s also my birthday month and there are some beautiful shows to catch before it ends…
OPENING NEXT WEEK..
Sally Simpson. Venerated Remains
19 March – 12 April. OPENING Thur 20 Mar 6-8pm
Works by Sally Simpson
Curiously gorgeous sculptures and beautifully aesthetic drawings. A mesmerising mix and a must visit exhibition.See you at the Opening.
Stanley Street Gallery, Darlinghurst
Patricia Casey. Little Secrets
Until 22 March
15 March 2-5pm FREE Buy Art Tour: My First Time (an associated Art Month Event)
Adrian Newstead, author of ‘The Dealer is the Devil. An Insider’s History of the Aboriginal Art Trade’
In conversation with Sydney Morning Herald Art Critic, John McDonald
Thursday 27 March, 6 for 6.30pm
$10/$7concession. Gleeclub Members free Bookings essential
Cover art for The Dealer is the Devil by Adrian Newstead.
Grab a copy of the book from good booksellers, or online at Coo-ee Gallery, or when you come along to this interesting and entertaining discussion with the author and the art critic. Adrian is a great storyteller and there are plenty here to tell.
FABULOUS FESTIVALS IN SYDNEY WITH LOTS TO OFFER…
Art Month Sydney has plenty left to do and see. Until 23 March www.artmonthsydney.com.au
Sydney Writers Festival 19-25 May www.swf.org.au
Head On Photographic Festival coming up 12 May – 8 June www.headon.com.au
OR JUST ROAM AROUND THIS GREAT LOVELY CITY…
– Do the Rose Bay to Neilson Park walk
– Enjoy a little run or picnic in Rushcutters Bay Park
– Visit Elizabeth Bay House (those cellars have to be the best in Sydney) or Vaucluse House (the original kitchen is fabulous)
– Walk the back streets of Redfern, Surry Hills and Darlinghurst
– Wander through the Argyle Cut and on a Saturday enjoy an afternoon tipple at the Hero of Waterloo (with the old timey’s playing), or the more sophisticated, Bar at the End of the Wharf at Sydney Theatre Company in Walsh Bay.